Tempted to Convert to DCC/Sound?
RobertInOntario Wrote:
Russ Bellinis Wrote:Just one thing to remember, sound is close to drugs!

Meaning that you can get addicted? I think having sound could be a lot of fun as long as it didn't annoy my wife when she comes near to the layout!

Rob

You got it! I avoided sound because I knew I wouldn't want just one sound locomotive. Then I was in to Arnies Trains in Westminster and they had a Premier edition 2-10-2 on the "deal table." They had installed a Tsunami decoder with sound in it for the demonstration layout in the store and then it fell off the bench work onto the floor and broke part of the rear overhang off the cab. The total value of the locomotive with sound and dcc was within a few cents of $290.00, and they had it marked down to $80.00 + (don't remember the exact price). I bought it and then wrote a letter to IHC to see if I could get a replacement cab. I told them I had dropped the locomotive and did not expect them to provide the replacement free, but would pay for it if it was available. They wrote on the bottom of my letter $25.00 and sent the letter back. I enclosed a check for $25.00 and sent the same letter back to them, now I'm hooked!

Messages In This Thread