New loco...Decoder issues
I just got me a Bachmann 2-8-4 with DCC installed. This is the first loco I buy with factory-installed decoder, so I'm kind of hesitant to mess too much with the CV's. I presume it's a NCE-like decoder, but I could be wrong.... I've set CV's 2, 3 and 4 to values that make it start & stop quite nicely. But I've got a couple of questions.
For starters, the loco seems to respond much faster going forward than in reverse. This is kinda' strange, since all my other locos behave exactly the opposite (a wee-bit faster in reverse than forward), but by a very little difference. On this loco, it's like 2 or 3 times as long to respond... Nope
Also, since the decoder can only be programmed in OPS mode, I'm a bit hesitant to change the default address (3), to the number it should be (22, in this case). Also, can this decoder be reset to its default settings by entering 8 to CV #8..??
Since all my other decoders are D'trax I don't feel too comfortable messin' around with this one. Any help y'all can give will be much appreciated....
Gus (LC&P).

Messages In This Thread