Control Panel for the new layout
Gary S Wrote:Thank you Reinhard. I used to do electrical work in AT&T and SWBT buildings. They didn't use tie-wraps or plastic either. They used waxed string to tie all the wiring together, everything from #22 telephone wire to 750 MCM power cables.

All of this wiring and technical stuff that can go into a layout doesn't scare me because that is my background. It is the scenery aspects that scare me! :x

Gary, make a cheap diorama to practice scenery on. Make it small enough to fit easily into a garbage can. You don't even need to put track on it unless you want to practice ballasting. For practicing ballasting, you should be able to find some old brass or steel train set track to practice with. If you don't like the way it comes out, throw it in the trash and try again. If you have difficulty getting the scenery to come out the way you want it to, post a picture of what you want it to look like from the real world and a pic of what your diorama looks like and someone here may be able to give you some useful tips on how to get from "here to there."

Messages In This Thread