making my own streetlights
nachoman Wrote:you should wire them with photo-resistors so that when the room lights go out, the street lights go on.
hmm prototypical ops as well??

I'm actually quite pleased with the end result- and it works out relatively cheap in materials and even in time

I am still trying to figure out how to make working traffic lights as well(in ho the ones I have found are bloomin HUGE)

I have been looking through my electronics cattledogs and think i can make my own much more true to scale

(As some may have guessed- im a electronics type that works with surface mount components- my workbench has a 25x microscope and and rather expensive soldering station that can do from 150w/ 10mm tip down to 4w/.1mm tip )

if your screen is like mine- then the led I used in my streetlight is about half this size ( I ) in height and twice that in width, with the slot cut with a micro grinder in the hood (made of copper tube)

certainly I was impressed by the amount of light they could put out, certainly equal if not better than the old mini grain of wheat bulb's

I was almost tempted to try and do a drivein screen or something like that in them- common sense bashed me over the head tho and said- no- thats not gunna happen...
poopsie chicken tush

Messages In This Thread