I cut a hole in the wall... now what?
Thanks guys... been outta town for a bit... back now.

Kevin, the hole is roughly 3"x3" and you're not lying about the bug problem. We've got a severe scorpion population around here and I will most definitely seal up the entire hole. I had a light switch fixture that wasn't quite sealed in the hallway and we kept finding scorpions there. I finally sealed it up and haven't seen one in that area since. For now, I've got the whole covered with masking tape on both sides until I can finish it off. You watch... I'll pull the masking tape off and I'll have scorpions stuck to it! Big Grin

Lotsa good ideas here. I especially like the foam idea. It could be quick and easy. I've also got a lot of the 1/8" hardboard left over from the backdrop and fascias that I might use to frame the inside of the opening.

Steamtrains, yes, that is a stud on the right side so I will only need to close up the hole on the other three sides.

Lester, on the other side of the hole, is the inside of a cabinet. The track will be resting on a sub roadbed of 1/2" plywood above the shelf inside. Clear as mud? Let me take a picture to clarify...

[Image: image.php?album_id=98&image_id=2422]

[Image: image.php?album_id=98&image_id=2423]

Messages In This Thread