What has this hobby taught you?
What hasn't this hobby taught me, or been responsible for me learning something new constantly!
In addition to " all the above ", How things work, Why things work, why things can look so different, and do the same job, how things are built, how things are used or modified to be used in slightly different applications. It has given me a greater sense of space and the relationship of property size, structure size, and property/structure function. The research has given me a greater understanding of all the things usually associated with the process of moving materials over distance. It has also allowed me to see things that could exist, and the logic of their structure. It has taught me so much about.......well just about all the sciences, and that includes Meteorology, Geology, Geography, Ecology, Oceanography, and many more. Better, it has trained my eyes to look, and truly see. To be able to create a miniature world that reflects the realities of the world around us. Best, it shows me how much more I can learn, and improve the skills I have now. Learning is living is learning......and that's good.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread