Introducing The PistonBroke Line
Charlie B Wrote:Jack, that is fantastic. the realism you add, and the story line makes this thread very enjoyable. I look forward to new chapters.
Charlie
Thanks Charlie, I am pleased that you are still able to read the story and have not tuned out, I enjoy my part in it.
Gary S Wrote:Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: WOW! Worship That is simply fantastic. All of the details and the signs really made your structure come to life. This is fantastic modeling.
The level of modeling here at The Gauge has been increasing rapidly! I hope I can keep up.
Gary I have been admiring your true to scale model building of your "Little Train Room", so I am sure your skills here will set the pace, but thanks for the comment.
And Ralph and Faraway, coming from you guys, that makes an ol' F@rt very happy.
I will now continue to bore ........

I will preface this thread with a "cop out" and an ....."I might not finish this...." statement because my day job ( playing farmer ) starts in earnest about a week from now, and that usually interferes with fun times. Nope

I am also throwing caution to the wind here, because I will be having a shot at overseeing something Those Kramers have not built with before........Hydrocal.

Now, as I said, this may be a bit tricky for us 'cause we haven't been here before, so any advise would be welcome....

Here is what we are dealing with
[Image: IMG_0635.jpg]

Yikes ...we even have some bats smuggled in downunder ( bottom right)

Here is the elevation and final plans of The M. Balmer's House. :geek:

[Image: IMG_0640.jpg]

Isn't your President a Mr O. Balmer... sorry wrong spelling.... Thought we would be rubbing shoulders with someone nearly famous there for a while.

Here is a look at some of the detail.. I will try to pick at some of the mortar joints & brickwork make it more pronounced in places ( or stuff it up)
[Image: IMG_0644.jpg]
And no, I did not break that wall in the above pic, it was already done. No doubt I will have plenty of chances to break a bit all by myself. 35 Elephant fingers me!!

This house is to be located in an outer suburb of PistonBroke called Ucandie. It is an old suburb, and most of the population have moved on (or died ) after a series of unexplained events occurred there. Eek
More on that later.

painting seems to be one of the problems people talk about. Firstly, to seal or not to seal before painting??
secondly, what glue to use?
Bracing?

I will use an epoxy to glue it together!!! Because it is all I have at the moment. There... decision made.

Enough decisions for one day. Time for me to find those Kramers and get them to work. :hey:

Jack 219
LIFE....
..... Abandon the search for truth
Look for a good fantasy

Messages In This Thread