Bourbon Whiskey Distillery
Ken;

I often see ALCo S-series engines mis-identified - so that's not unusual. No big deal. What always burns me is seeing any center cab locomotives identified as a GE 44 ton! Couldn't tell you how many times I've see that happen. Pet peeve with me I guess.

You should be pretty happy with the Bachmann GE 70 ton. Jerry and I test ran his custom painted FCIN 70 tonners and they ran just fine. Much better than the first version that had a motor on each truck. They seem to be selling for about $50 USD on most on-line hobby shops.

As for the paint/decals - not sure which version of the 70 ton paint scheme you're interested in, but Jerry made his own decals for the Pinsly paint scheme. The original scheme (see photo of 102) would just be a matter of getting the correct size/color alphabet decals and lettering it that way, or doing the lettering on a computer and making your own decals.

I personally prefer the original paint scheme which lasted until about 1962 when the 70 tonners all got the Pinsly scheme applied.

Ed
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread