Input on proposed HO switching layout
Ken;

Hadn't run across that news article about the Lapeer Industrial. Have been looking at the industries mentioned in the article and here's what I have found and can see on aerial view:

Lapeer Grain: Very obvious where it's located

Masco - American Shower & Bath: Location is pretty obvious at the McCormick Dr crossing, but very hard to tell if there is a rail siding next to the building. If there is, then it switches from the north end - so that would fit on my plan. I know that the prototype LIRR actually goes out on the CN/GTW siding to a short siding off the passing track and can line up their cars as needed. No way I can duplicate that, at least that I can see, so requires me to put a siding on my plan at some location. Their web site doesn't mention anything specific about the Lapeer plant, but based on the size of the building, the potential is there for several car spots.

Lapeer Industries: Appears to do contract work for the military, but plant is located well off the LIRR spur to the west of American Bath and Shower. Their web site doesn't tell you what sort of fabrication work they do in Lapeer.

I can't for the life of me find anything pertaining to the small plant at the Demile Blvd crossing that appears to have tank cars spotted on the siding. Also nothing about the plant just south of there that used to have a siding to it.

At any rate, the potential for several industries on this short spur is great!

Thanks!
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread