Sanford and Son. An HO scale scratchbuild
At other's suggestions I discarded the hardboard base I started with and cut a new piece. This one I covered both sides with primer to seal it from any warping before adding the plaster cloth over the top. Once the plaster hardened I gave it a coat of earth colored paint. After the paint dried I glued the fence in place. Then I carried to it's spot on the layout and drilled a hole through it and the benchwork for the building's interior light wires. I then fed the wires through the hole and secured the building with just a few drops of WS Scenic Accent glue to hold it in place. The entire ground was then "painted" with full strength white glue and finely sifted real dirt was sprinkled over the whole area. Fine and coarse blends of ground foam sprinkled around the outside perimeter of the fence complete the "basic" start of ground cover. A wet water spray and then soaked with a mix of water and white glue secures it. I also placed the truck that will be the temporary stand in. This is a lower quality model that I won't mind turning into battered, run down, barely driveable vehicle.
Now this whole thing must dry at least until tomorrow. Then the real fun begins...bringing the scene to life!

[Image: paint.jpg]

[Image: front.jpg]

[Image: side.jpg]

[Image: aerial.jpg]

Matt

Messages In This Thread