Officially unemployed
P5se Camelback Wrote:He could only use CAD. He had no practical design experience ... and the furniture business is cutthroat! Confusedhock:
Long story short ... within a month they closed our office and laid us all off! Save that annual rent, save by not having to pay all those big salaries. As a result of going with "No Experience" they have lost over 60% of marketshare and are in danger of going Chapter 7 ... Bankrupt! 357 357
Lay off the guys with the larger salaries (and the most knowledge and experience) and keep the guys with the lower salaries, "They only draw pictures, what do we need them for anyway?" Icon_lol Icon_lol

C.A.D. - Computer Aided Design......well no, not really, it really stands for Can't Actually, Draw !!! :o Icon_twisted Icon_twisted
( I have to admit CAD is a useful tool, but to use it properly , one still has to be able to draw. CAD is no more than an "ever sharp" pencil, creativity resides in the mind, not in the computer )

Why is it, that the species Homo Stupidicus always seems to rise to the top of any corporate structure??
Perhaps it confirms the old adage, stuff floats!
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread