Bourbon Whiskey Distillery
Ed
I am constantly looking for HO scale embossed stone. Here inthe UK there is plenty of embossed brickwork but hardly any stone. It is such a distinctive feature of Buffalo Springs I think it worth the quest. I saw this Chooch material in their advert in March Railroad Model Craftsman. They say it is easy to cut. As far as amounts go I am looking to model the distillery as a low-relief structure, as I said earlier in the thread, looking across the tracks to the main distillery building.

I keep playing around with pieces of track and two turnouts, but my main decision now is about track beyond the actual distillery. I have very limited space so it may be that the track leading to Frankfort becomes the switching lead, simply ending amongst the trees. Then the other way the track would end just across the trestle. As you mentioned earlier it then becomes a classic inglenook. The pay-off however is switching the distilery as you have described, getting the right cars to the right spots and not mixing things up.

So that's where I am. Plus I am enjoying the development of your layout over on the Layout thread.

Best wishes
Ken

Messages In This Thread