Bourbon Whiskey Distillery
Londoner Wrote:I honestly thought Plastruct just did strip and angles, because my model shop has one of their stands with all the angles on it.
Ken
Ken;
Well that makes two of us. All I ever see on the Plastruct displays at both the hobby shops I frequent, are the structural shapes or plain ABS sheets.

Londoner Wrote:Just checked Plastruct site and their dressed stone would probably be a close match for the limestone of Buffalo Springs.
Ken
I'm thinking that the PS-64 Random Coursed Stone Sheet would be a better match, but will have to compare them in person if possible. Price isn't bad for making a low relief type structure.

I'm still considering modeling a distillery switching operation on the other half of my existing bench work if I go ahead with my current (or similar) plan. Distilleries, with their variety of car types and various car spot locations are great for a small switching type layout.

For Buffalo Springs, I'd go with the Frankfort end of the main so that the distillery track arrangement basically resembles an Inglenook arrangement. Gives you the main track to line up your cars to be spotted and a nice switching lead, like this:

Ed
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread