An HO Scale Multi-Deck Steel Mill Layout Plan
Russ Bellinis Wrote:Actually my suggestion was for the peninsulas to come out of the upper 20 foot side going parallel to the 10 foot sides. I like your plan better if you can fit comfortably into the narrow aisles. If there is a way to eliminate the need for a staging yard opposite the oredock on the lower level-ie put both on the same side. You could then just use a 6 to 8 inch wide shelf on the lower side to hold part of your nolix going up and thus enable you eliminate much of the width of the bench work that you drew but have not put anything on, just narrow it to continue your nolix. Then you could move the peninsula over a foot or so and pick up extra space on both aisles.

I briefly tried to lay out peninsulas coming off the top 20' wall but decided against it because I couldnt make them very long and they wouldnt do much good. The one long peninsula I like better and I can fit quite a bit onto it. Its like having a whole other wall to work with lol. I still got to give credit to you for the idea though, so thank you Misngth

The entire old Lower Deck is going to be taken out of the picture. On the new Upper Deck plan I fit the Iron Ore Mine in, and even got a small stagging yard with run-arounds and some yard leads, as well as inbound/outbound tracks. i still plan to make a larger stagging yard on the Lower Level under the peninsula of the Upper Deck, only the Peninsula on the Lower Level will be about 20" wide instead of 24" to allow for supports of the Upper Peninsula. 20" wide by nearly 15' long should make for a nice sized stagging yard....
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread