A save way to stay away from my layout
I bought a new computer last fall. It came with Vista and an offer of a free upgrade to Windows 7. I got the windows 7 software and asked online if it was advisable to switch to Windows 7. A bunch of people recommended that I make the switch, but two personal friends who are i.t.'s for their respective companies told me to hold off. They said there are too many bugs in Windows 7 that Microsoft hasn't fixed, yet. So far I haven't had nearly the problems that I was told I would have with Vista. I checked with one of my friends a month or so ago and he said they still haven't got a patch for the bugs in Windows 7. The other thing I worry about with Microsoft patches is when I had my XP "patched" on my old computer, it immediately quit loading my cd/dvd rom requiring me to spend $60.00 for an upgrade to the rom. I bought an external dvd/cd burner/player instead, but still had to deal with constant pop ups telling me to upgrade my old dvd/cd burner. If Microsoft was held to the same standards as the auto industry for product warranty, I think they would have been bankrupt years ago.

Messages In This Thread