Another Miami Layout
Justin ...

You often mention spreading sand on your layout. I know that you want to portray Florida and Florida has sandy beaches. And yes, there is sand in South Florida but it does not all look like beach. I live about twenty-five or thirty miles inland from the Gulf (on the west coast of Florida) and to get to actual sand, you must dig down a foot or two. The surface is a sandy/loamy type of soil and we do have grass ...
A Green Pipe along the Bridge and Grass (well ... Weeds) on the Sides of the Canal ...
[Image: GreenPipealongtheSideoftheBridge.jpg]
and Sandy/Loamy Soil shows on the Opposite Side of the Other Side of the Bridge ...
[Image: TheOppositeSideoftheOthersideofBrid.jpg]
and a Rather Damp View of the Grass in My Back Yard ... It was just a quick Forty-Five minute, inch-and-a-half DUMP!
[Image: JustaQuickShower.jpg]

My point is ... Flat ... Yep! That's typical Southern Florida ... but lots of sand visible? Only at the beach! Take a look at what is being done on the "NW 58th St. - Miami" thread or the "WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build" thread and see what I mean about ground cover. Thumbsup Wink

Please don't take offense ... I'm only trying to help. Oh, and I would seriously follow doctorwayne's advice about closing up that ceiling! You don't want to be breathing in that fiberglass, take it from someone who can't go anywhere without an oxygen cylinder!

Hey! Above all have fun ... Model Railroading IS fun!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread