Open building
Work proceeds on the open building.

This shows where the building is located on the layout. Open or closed is invisible and not an issue.
[Image: Img_0049.jpg]

This is about the view I have from my chair. It is the reason why I do not want to have a simple black wall at the layout boarder. The flash has been off intentionally as the details in the building are mostly in the shadow and not a prominent part in my view. However, I will have to spend much more effort to bring details into the building.
[Image: Img_0051.jpg]
I am very satisfied with the visual effect. I would like to point out that the size of layout and location of the building can make a difference. Wayne has a building cut in half and closed with a dummy wall. I like that and see no reason to change it into an open building because his layout is much larger than mine and he is not sitting directly in front of that wall. The issue is the wall of a cut building directly in front of the most used location operating the layout.
I do also experience that the details are not so important. The eye is not disturbed by "just another bunch of small things" (the interior of the building) as long as it fits in shape and color into the overall impression of the layout. It is the massive plain colored wall that makes the difference. It does not fit into the visual landscape and irritates the eye.

This is a view of the camera only. I must lean far over the layout to see the track side of the building. It is documented just for completeness.
[Image: Img_0052.jpg]
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread