Dean Distillery
scubadude Wrote:I must apologize to Ed for giving credit to Ken for the Bourbon Distillery thread for inspiration.
No problem Richard!

This is one neat looking small distillery! In fact it looks a lot like a small one that I've either actually seen or at least seen photographs of here in Kentucky - just can't for the life of me think of where it was located. At one time there was a distillery behind every tree in this part of Kentucky - most are long gone now.

A small grain elevator like the one that was located at Buffalo Springs would be perfect for an operation this size. Maybe something even smaller (two small silos?), although I'd venture that a distillery this size would simply get the corn, etc., from the local farmers.

Don't think I ever mentioned it in my thread about the Buffalo Springs distillery, but in the early days, many of the distilleries actually kept cattle and hogs on their property and the mash was fed directly to the live stock. Depending on your era, might be something to include in the scene. Just a thought.

Keep up the good work!
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread