Another Miami Layout
Justinmiller171 Wrote:Alright, I finished soldering the track I have laid down now and I took some pictures! ...

[Image: HPIM4151.jpg?t=1277956070]

Justin ... is it just my old bespectacled eyes playing tricks on my exhausted aging brain, or do I see small "gaps" in the soldered rail joints in the photo above?

I'm not so sure you should leave that as is! My experience has been that every gap, like those that I keep thinking I see, is a potential derailment waiting for the wrong moment to happen. Confusedhock: It only ever happens at the "wrong" time, mainly because there is never a "right" time for a derailment! :oops:

I'm happy to see you making positive progress on the building of your layout but at the same time, I'm hoping that my eyes are playing tricks on me when it comes to track laying. Second in importance only to proper, sturdy benchwork, track laying is one of those tasks that happens early on in the "life" of a model railroad that influences the "fun quotient" for years to come! Don't hurry through track laying because of impatience to see trains run ... take your time, do a thoughtful, careful job and realize the benfits of properly laid track for a lifetime! Wink
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread