P5se Camelback's 2010 Summer Structure Challenge GERN Plant
P5se Camelback Wrote:What do you thin the square bottle stuff with?

biL, I use lacquer thinner for the square bottle Floquil, but then again I use lacquer thinner for most paints that aren't water-based. Misngth It still works for the latest version of Floquil, too, which I find to be much thinner (less opaque) than the older stuff. I'm slowly learning to use PollyScale, with generally decent results, although its shelf-life, once thinned, is very limited. I still have thinned Floquil that's been in use (used, then added-to continually) for years, whereas the PollyScale seems useless for spraying after only a couple of weeks. Even unthinned, its shelf-life, once opened, is much shorter than Floquil: I'm now buying the smaller bottles unless I've got a large project that will use-up a lot of paint in a short timespan. According to the LHS, Floquil will soon become unavailable due to its supposed status as a "dangerous chemical" and the import regulations on such. Icon_lol Maybe you'll hear about me on the evening news: "Solvent-crazed Canucklehead detained at Queenston/Lewiston Bridge by Canada Customs. Suspected terrorist held after a large quantity of dangerous chemicals found concealed in his vehicle." 357 Misngth 357 Misngth

I don't know about bottles for your Badger brush, but my Paasche VL uses the same size as the Floquil, PollyScale, and Polly S bottle tops, so I just save the old bottles as they're emptied. Testors Model Masters and SMP Accupaint bottles are also a screw-on fit for the Paasche.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread