Which is the best model railroad magazine?
My opinion is that the best magazines are the ones here on-line. On-line forums, to me, simply can't be beat. With the ever increasing newsstand cover price of "popular" magazines, it's a wonder you still have money left over to purchase anything else for yourself.

Model railroad magazines have also become filled with more and more ads. Yes, they do cover some great topics but they cover more pages with ads instead of content. The ever increasing cover price indicates less people are reading and circulation is down. To me, $6 is a lot of money to spend to look at more ads than articles.

I have learned more from this forum as well as Model Railroad Hobbyist on-line forums than I have from a magazine. Besides that, you CANT GET FEEDBACK FROM A MAGAZINE. You can virtually speak with the person or persons about any topic they provided. These forums are more in-depth as well. If you need more information on a topic, you don't have to wait until next months' installment or finding a "back-issue". Just send that person an e-mail and you can have pictures or info sent in minutes.

I cancelled my subscriptions to those overpriced magazines long ago. What I need to know can be found here - online - with money left over to buy a few items for myself. Cheers
Doing my best to stay on track and to live each day to it's fullest, trying not to upset people along the way. I have no enemies.....just friends who don't understand my point of view.

Steve

Let's go Devils!

Messages In This Thread