Gary S' 2010 Summer Challenge - Bridge
P5se Camelback Wrote: Hold the phone!!!

I probably need to roll back the thread to discover what material you are using for those concrete "ex-footers"

biL, sorry for not posting pics of the actual construction. The proto bent caps on the single bents are 30" x 30". I am using .312 square tube styrene for that. I glued some sheet styrene on each end, then sanded them to knock down the edges and corners a bit. Then I drilled holes for the pipes to go into.

The proto "ex-footers" measured 30" x 36" so I used the same .312 square tube but glued some extra strip on the bottom to get the extra 6" in the vertical dimension. Then used the same sheet styrene on the end. Drilled holes all the way through for these since the pipes extend on through. Oh... a bit of green putty on the intersections of the tube and the strip.

P5se Camelback Wrote:... I bet you could get that look if you used a piece of white foam "bead board"... ...something to pick at the beads and make them totally uneven and then paint and weather with water based paints.

Does that sound at all like it might do the job ... or have I stayed up too late again?

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable method to accomplish the look. So, you don't need to go to bed yet. But I have already made the "ex-footers" by the method described above, so I'll try Galen's method.

P5se Camelback Wrote:I used to do some of my most creative problem solving in the middle of the night when I was having trouble focusing my eyes on what I was doing because I was so thoroughly exhausted.

Me too. Some of the best ideas and philosophical musings and life-changin epiphanies are exhaustion induced! :o
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread