Gary S' 2010 Summer Challenge - Bridge
O.K. ... now there's nothing after me here when I start.

First and foremost ...Friggin' AWEsome!!!!!

Next, the "poking" is called "stippling" and there is actually a stipple brush - it's round but has short stiff bristles. I have a couple in my taboret next to my drawing board ... they're escapees from a class I took on Printmaking sophomore year. Oh, and BTW... on a scrap piece of material, try running your thumb across the end of the bristles like on a toothbrush ... another stippling method, not quite as controlled, but effective, nonetheless.

And a question ... what brand of colored pencils are they ... they look to be sort of waxy ... are they? I'm sure they're not Veri-thins and they don't look like PrismaColor, but I'm having a tough time identifying them.

The spiral steel tubes are an incredible manufacturing process ... I got to witness it a number of years back. The sheet steel feeds through rollers which wrap it around a mandrel while a mechanical (robotic) welder knits the edges together as the seam passes by. So cool!

And when it comes to rain ... I took this from my truck in my driveway, the day I got the photos of those colorful pipes that I gathered for you ... I waited in my truck for 45 minutes for this "Scattered Shower" to pass before giving up and taking a standing up bath with my clothes on!
[Image: AnAfternoonShower-smalledit.jpg]
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread