Gary S' 2010 Summer Challenge - Bridge
ocalicreek Wrote:I know yall do things bigger in Texas, as a rule, but that is one big expanse of concrete! That, to me, is the most striking thing so far. So much we do is so selectively compressed that it seems a bit caricaturish at times. But this is large-as-life and so very realistic, in the truest sense of the word. Outstanding. Gotta try some of that quick dry stuff.

Thanks Galen. One of the advantages of a large layout is the room for "big stuff." Big buildings and long bridges and long spaces. A bridge that is over 3 feet long like this one would overwhelm a lot of layouts. Now, as wonderful as the big spaces sound, I am also discovering that a large layout is going to consume alot of time. With 5 total rail bridges on the layout, and with this one taking a month plus to build, that would be close to seven months on just bridges. Of course, not all the bridges will be totally scratchbuilt likethis one. I'll make use of the Central Valley through-girder bridges for a couple of them, should go quicker!
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread