Designing My HO-Scale Room Layout
I've been looking through my collection of Model railroad reading materials and Have read two articles in particular that really inspired my newest design. The first is from Model Railroad Planning 2008, it was the article on John Allen's first Gorre & Daphetid, It explained how he built it so it could be expanded upon later. next was an article from the booklet that came with Model railroad planning 2010, it was an article by Iain Rice on building Sectional Layouts and that got me thinking, I will be moving out to go to collage in a few years and it would be really nice to build a layout that I could bring with me, I might only be able to bring a couple of sections with me, but I can save the rest for later in life when I build my "Dream Layout". There are also alot of other perks to building sectional Layouts, such as the ability to bring the sections with me on vacations to work on in my spare time, I am also interested in Model Railroad Photography and Sectional Layouts are great for outdoor photography.

And Here is my latest design...
[Image: SectionalLayout.jpg?t=1282373888]

I will be using a 4x6 for the main section of the layout( A 4x8 would be much to cumbersome to work on), there are 5 2x4 sections and one 2x6 section with is based on a design by Bryon Henderson:http://www.layoutvision.com/gallery/id22.html

Many of the 2x4's are scenery only, these will be useful in making the layout seem bigger than it really is, and they should be really easy to build Misngth
Justin Miller
Modeling the Lebanon Industrial Railway (LIRY)

Messages In This Thread