Designing My HO-Scale Room Layout
shortliner Wrote:Justin - if you are going to be moving out to go to college in a few years, I think you need to look at the planning from a different perspective. 1.The layout needs to be easily transportable 2. It needs to be either modular or foldable 3. It is unlikely that anything you build now will fit in your college dorm room 4.Between now and when you finish college your plans, skills and interests are going to change ENORMOUSLY!

I'd almost recommend it not really being easily transportable, but storable. Is that a word? Anyhow. College is such a time and resource consumer to the extent that its unlikely you'd be able to continue uninterrupted. If you have time, you will not have the available resources and if you have the available resources you will not have the time. Space will be an absolute luxury. Even if you get a house as an upperclassman, you'll still not have the space because you can't just selfishly devour the common areas your roommates are in on the lease to share. Let a layout go dormant. I realize its pretty crummy advice, but its realistic. When I was in school, the most space I'd have had for a layout was the 30"x72" space I had in the kitchen (my one bedroom apartment had an insanely huge kitchen for some reason). But I couldnt use it because that's where the table was.

Messages In This Thread