Cool closet doors for possible layout?
RobertInOntario Wrote:
doctorwayne Wrote:Around here, I just put stuff like that out by the road before garbage day - if it's anything at all useable, someone will pick it up. Thumbsup We're supposed to notify the collection company if we have large items to be picked up, and they want a detailed list of what will be there. ... My guess is that somebody knew how to fix it and it's probably humming away and doing its job today in somebody's basement. Much better, in my opinion, that simply being scrapped.
Wayne

Thanks, Wayne. We might just try that. We've already "off-loaded" two very small bikes that our sons had outgrown. We put a sign on them saying "FREE" and, after a couple days, both of them went.

Cheers,
Rob

Here in Northern California (Stockton) we have what I call "okie Trash Day" about once or twice a year. i live in an apartment, so I don't have to deal with it, but you can usually spot mostly rednecks in old pickups running around the neighborhood looking for treasures, and though I joke about it, more power to 'em. Like the good Doc, I'd much rather see someone get some further use out of an item that someone paid good money for originally. However, aside from Okie trash day, if you try to put something like an old appliance out for sale here, if you put a sign on it saying "free", it'll sit. So you have to put a sign on it saying "$20" or something small like that to get someone to just pick it up and take off with it. Sign of the times around here I guess.... *sigh*
Tom Carter
Railroad Training Services
Railroad Trainers & Consultants
Stockton, CA
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com">http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- m -->
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com">tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- e -->
[Image: gaugetraingifsigUP.gif]

Messages In This Thread