Cool closet doors for possible layout?
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:Like a couple of you guys, I just leave unwanted stuff out on the sidewalk. Nothing trashy, or dumpster worthy, just stuff that we don't need anymore, or got soemthing newer.

One day, we were having a new kitchen set delivered. The one we had wasn't in bad shape, we just gotten something newer. I took the table apart, put the top and legs on the sidewalk. Went back made a "Free" sign and taped it to the table, went back to get the chairs, when I returned, not even five minutes, some guy already had the table loaded up in his pick-up."I was just going to knock on your door to see if you had the chairs."

Of course, when my nieghbors put stuff out, I have gone and picked up some nice things, which I'm sure, eventually a couple of years later, ended up back on the sidewalk.

We used to have an officially endorsed day from the city called "Large Garbage Disposal Day". It was when you could leave out stuff that normally doesn't get picked up. So you'd see furniture, applicances, etc, etc. Some of the nicer parts of town, you'd even get big TV's etc. We used to call it large garbage exchange day. Some friends and I got a fridge that would not fit down our stairs - we put it back at our curb, and it was gone 10 minutes later.

Icon_lol

Andrew

Messages In This Thread