Designing My HO-Scale Room Layout
steinjr Wrote:Mmm - had a look at the J configuration. That one (at least on the modelrailroader.com web page) takes 10 x 14 feet, and presumes access from the outside of the J-shape (as if the layout was folded around an indentation sticking into the room, instead of being pushed back into a corner). Not necessarily all that optimal for your room.

Their version is made to be operated from the outside because it works better that way, but it still works fine operating from the inside.

steinjr Wrote:But is that what you want? Not much point in starting on two different small H0 scale urban shelf switching layouts (one in your room and one in your spider room), if that is not what you want to build.

E.g. if what you really want is lumber trains pulled by geared steam locomotives through the forests of Northern California, it seems counterproductive to do one layout based on modern urban Miami and another on 1940s urban Milwaukee.

My dream layout would be A logging layout, but In the space that I have it would be better to build a switching layout, I don't "not like switching layouts" its just that I like logging layouts better, and besides my local club lets me run trains on their layout all the time.

steinjr Wrote:If you want really want to modular, find a club that does modular, and do a section according to their standards.

I would go modular, but the nearest modular club is about 3 hours away! Eek

As always, thanks for your help Steinjr! Thumbsup
Justin Miller
Modeling the Lebanon Industrial Railway (LIRY)

Messages In This Thread