Polly Scale Discontinued??
Wayne R Wrote:I would not panic. From what I have seen and read on other forums Testors has stated it is only the military line of Polly Scale paints that will no longer be made as they have the same colors in another line of paints. The railroad colors have no such duplicates so they will still be made. I also seen a post some where that had a copy of an email someone had received from Testors stating it was just the military colors.
I hope it is true as I use Polly Scale paints a lot. I also use Badger Modelflex but after receiving a few dried out jars in my last couple of orders I have not used it as much. Lately for my locomotives and rolling stock I use the True Line Trains line of acrylic paints as they have the Canadian colors I need. The True Line Trains paints also are rumored to be produced by Testors. I can believe it as the bottle look like Polly Scale bottles and the paint gives the same great results I get from Polly Scale. The TLT paints are also nice as they are supposed to be airbrush ready straight from the bottle but I still add a few drops of water to each bottle. All but one of my brass locomotives were painted with the TLT paints ( my CNR 2-8-0 was done with Polly Scale ) and I got a great finish.

Wayne Reid

Denatured alcohol may dissolve most water based acrylic paints. You might try it with the dried out Model Flex.

Messages In This Thread