SSW Shelf Layout - You comments
I'm no pro at track planning, but an indication of the size of the grid would be helpful! If the lines are a 6" intervals and the room is 13'-6" by 15'-0" (plus the indicated 3'-0" by 1'-6" intermodal area) it looks like a decent plan. How about minimum radius for curves and turnout frog numbers? Are they really two duck-unders -- have you considered alternatives ("lift-outs," "swing-aways," or like "e-Paw" is doing elswhere on this Forum, and I have drawn in on my plan, "Roll-aways?"

Switching-wise, the potential looks pretty good! It looks like it might be fun to operate!

Oh ... and Welcome Welcome Welcome to Big Blue! I think you'll like it here! I came over as a result of an invite from a member here and rarely visit there anymore ... only when I 've read everything new here and don't want to go to bed yet!

So Welcome Welcome Welcome 2285_ Thumbsup

[My sister and her family lived in Johannesburg, SA for four years when her husband was transferred there with Ford Motor Company. They are now back in Dearborn, Michigan, USA.]
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread