Advice re Contract/freelance work?
Thanks for your feedback, biL. I'll respond to your questions below:

If you are indeed from Ontario, Canada, you might look into RGD Ontario – the Voice of Graphic Design in Ontario, plus there are a number of other Professional Graphic Design Associations listed Here.
-- yes, I'm from Toronto ... I have already checked and bookmarked the RGD website and it's already been helpful.

And lastly, between you and me and the door knob, how old are you (I ask as, although it's not legal to discriminate due to age, that does happen, and there are certain strategies that can be used to deal with the age component if you are either very young or "a little older."
-- that's OK. I'm almost 51 but (fortunately) I look several years younger, always have! Smile But I've been advised not to put anything in my resumé that can "date" me. My health is excellent so I'm not "put off" about getting older!
-- I have a B.A. and a theolo
gy degree (which has helped me in that I've been working for a Christian magazine) but have only taken a few courses in graphic design and computer programs. However, I now have 23 years + of work experience in the production and layout fields.
[/color]

My background? ... I have a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Design (BSID) from Philadelphia College of Art (now University of the Arts [UArts]) and 35+ years experience as a freelance consultant designer, a contractor in a consultant design office and I have stood on every step on the corporate ladder from entry level Designer, then to Staff Designer and all the way up to Product Design Manager, Corporate Industrial Design Group. I was, for years, a member of IDSA (Industrial Designers' Association of America) and was, in succession, Vice-Chair of the Philadelphia Chapter IDSA (2 years,) the Chapter Chair, Philadelphia Chapter IDSA (2 years,) and a Member, IDSA National Board of Directors (2 years.) I am a National Design Award winner (for the design of an RTA home office furniture collection.)
-- thanks for sharing this! and I appreciate your feedback.

Take care,
Rob
Rob
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.robertrobotham.ca/">http://www.robertrobotham.ca/</a><!-- m -->

Messages In This Thread