The USRA
The United States Railway Association was the WWII version of the United States Railroad Administration. The main difference being that the United States Railroad Administration was a Progressive governmental take-over of a private sector industry, albeit during a time of war, WWI, ostensibly to improve the efficience of moving military materiel over the rails.

The United States Railway Association was a private sector entity, run totally by the nations railroads cooperatively, with the same goal of moving wartime military matriel about the nation during a time of war (WWII) with using the most efficient methods they could devise. It was totally private-sector-managed and in many ways was considerably more effective that it govermental predecessor.

At least that is my 45 year old recollection of what I believe I remember being taught in Social Studies/ U.S. 20th Century History in 11th Grade.
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread