Plymouth Street
Herc Driver Wrote:I just drove through New York City on my way to the airport to fly home...going through the Lincoln Tunnel then down 36th Street across Park Ave and Lexington Ave and through the Mid-Town Tunnel and I'm sure I just saw this building...ok...maybe one much like it. All you need is some old advertisement posters on the walls, some old locks with rust and scratch marks on the door from the chain links, a few broken bottles and trash, some weeds growing out of the loading dock cracks, and your building will be near perfect. Oh...and add some loud, NYC-type LPP's and a cop writing tickets for parked trucks and you're set. Big Grin

Yes, Kurt's structures looks just like pictures I have seen from New York. Amazing work, as always !

Btw - totally off topic, but I was reminded when you mentioned those tunnels. A distant relative of mine, Ole Singstad, a cousin of my maternal grandpa, emigrated from Norway to the US in 1905, and by a funny coincidence, was involved in designing both of those tunnels you passed through - both the Lincoln Tunnel and the Mid-Town Tunnel, as well as several other NYC tunnels. He also did some work for various American railroads - CNJ, Virginian, the Hudson and Manhattan, and worked on designing rapid transit in Philadelphia around the end of WW1. Ole was a pretty good engineer. As far as I know, I never met him, though - last time he visited Norway, a couple of years before he died, I was only about two years old.

Anyways - here's looking forward to seeing more pictures from Kurt showing his wonderful work!

Grin,
Stein

Messages In This Thread