The Great Train Expo at the Anaheim Convention Center, CA
Trucklover Wrote:Don, thats pretty much how it was in the way of vendors. All the vendors were pretty much locals. I didnt see any of the big name MFR's there at all. They had a group doing free scenery classes and demonstrations, but it wasnt Woodland Scenics, i dont recall who it was. ALOT of the vendors appeared to be regular train guys like us, just setting up a few tables trying to pawn off there stuff that was just plain junky lol

Josh, don't pass up that "junky stuff" too fast. Many times out of production diesel locomotive shells for a cheap price are great kit bashing material. One of the guys in the club gets the old AHM or Tyco ( I can't remember which) high nose Gp20 to use the short hood to build the chopped nose for Santa Fe chop nose Gp7 & 9 with scratch/bashed Topeka cabs. I bought an Alco Rs11 shell and an Alco Sw 1 shell at a train show once for less than $5.00. When I get back to modeling after this home remodel is done, I'm going to finish combining parts of the 2 shells with the chassis from an Athearn Sw7 that had a broken body to make an Arkansas & Missouri T-1. The Sw7 was part of a bunch of train stuff I bought from my neighbor across the street when I first moved in. I think I paid $50 for a table, 2 or 3 locomotives and 30 or so Athearn blue box freight cars, some Atlas switches and a bunch of flex track. When I finish the T-1, it will probably cost me less than $20 including paint, decals, and details.

Messages In This Thread