Lansdowne Ave. Industrial Lead
Jason,

Welcome to Big Blue! Your plan looks promising, the area to be modeled (or emulated) is very 'model-genic' with a nice mix of small/med industry and residential housing, and your benchwork looks excellent. Thumbsup

Rather than casting perhaps you would consider kitbashing? If you start with a well-made master kit or find a cheap kit with nicely done windows and doors it can cost less than the needed molding/casting supplies, especially for a smaller layout project such as this. If you think that casting is something you really want to try and may enjoy in the future for other projects then don't let me stop you. I've done it and it's fun and any initial expense can be offset by long term savings in cast parts. However, kitbashing is fun too and the results can be just as unique as a scratchbuilt structure made with cast parts. Of course if the parts you are looking for are not available in a commercial kit then scratching a master and making castings is the way to go. Especially in N scale! Confusedhock:

Looking forward to your progress!

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread