Lansdowne Ave. Industrial Lead
Canadian Shortliner Wrote:@TinGoat- Wow, that is freaky!

Since this layout is freelanced, I'm only using that area as a guide for the kind of atmosphere I want to create, so it won't make much of a difference which railway I interchange with (I may switch it up now and then too).

Hi Jason,

Interesting that you are modelling ICI. Up until a couple of years ago [5 or 6 now...] Benjamin Moore had it's head office and testing labs on Mulock Avenue. The Building that is now occupied by Consultec Ltd was the head office and on the North East corner of Mulock ave and Lloyd was a very old industrial warehouse building that was also Benjamin Moore Paints [which is now a vacant lot that is being re-developed].

ocalicreek Wrote:Jason,

Welcome to Big Blue! Your plan looks promising, the area to be modeled (or emulated) is very 'model-genic' with a nice mix of small/med industry and residential housing, and your benchwork looks excellent. Thumbsup

Galen

Yes, the West Toronto Junction is a real mix of old and new - residential and industrial. There has been a huge change in the past twenty years.

The Stock Yards are now Big Box Stores and Canada Packers has become a field of new town houses.
Ron Wm. Hurlbut
Toronto, Ontario, Dominion of Canada
Ontario Narrow Gauge Show
Humber Valley & Simcoe Railway Blog

Messages In This Thread