Lansdowne Ave. Industrial Lead
Well, I've finally finished the track and wiring, however, there's one problem. I have two tirnouts that cause my locomotive to stall when going accross the frog. These are atlas turnouts and all the others on the layout are fine. I assume there's no power going to the frog (one of the copper things on the bottom must have come off), and I was wondering if running a feeder wire to it would solve the problem? If so, does it matter whether the feeder is positive or negative (if you get what I'm saying)?

@ocalicreek- Thanks! I chose to emulate this area for exactly that reason.

As for kitbashing, I will try to do that whenever a kit has enough parts for me to use and I have enough items to order to justify the cost of shipping. My main limiting factor is cost, so I'll have to figure out what I'll need and what method will be cheaper before I make the final decision. I plan on scratchbuilding all of my buildings after specific prototypes, so I will have plenty of chances to use cast resin parts if I decide to make windows and doors myself. I also want to try to make my own freight cars, locomotive shells,vehicles, and individual building models sometime as well. I know that may be difficult and will be time consuming, especially in N scale, but I like a good challenge and have little money but plenty of time to burn. :mrgreen:

@TinGoat- Ok, now you're starting to scare me! Small world, I guess. 357

Do you know if it was rail served? The one I'm doing is freelanced, based on info from Lance Mindheim. It just uses ICI's name. It would be neat to have an actual prototype for it, though.

Messages In This Thread