Fluesheet's Shelf Layout
Mountaingoat - thanks for the comment and get to work on those switches!

BR60103 Wrote:Since the controls work in opposite directions, you could mix the machines up so that "normal" is with the knobs pushed in and "reverse" is pulled out. If you leave the turnouts at normal when you finish, there will be less chance of snagging clothes.
Oh, and don't fully assemble the Bullfrog's knob until you cut the tubing to length. Guess how I know.

Good advice both. I actually did exactly what you suggested as far as mixing and matching in two cases. Both of the turnouts on the rear of the shelf needed an opposite throw to allow the turnout to be lined straight when the knobs were pushed in. The Bullfrogs worked perfectly for this.

That said, I don't think I want to make a practice of that - the push pull throw is probably twice as long for the Bullfrogs as teh Bluepoints. This is not good or bad, but because the throw is so different, it may be confusing for operators (and me).

I just cut the first tube to length last night (after installation). Alas, I wish I'd cut it a quarter inch longer to make it easier to put my fingers behind the knob. But that's what this layout is for - living and learning!
Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio

Messages In This Thread