Lansdowne Ave. Industrial Lead
@faraway- Let's hope so!

@ocalicreek- Yep, I've learned that lesson many times on previous layouts as well. In fact, as I was placing the loco on the track, I was thinking to myself "Maybe I should add some bumpers in case it goes off the edge", guess I should have listened to myself :oops: . Lickily damage has been kept to a minimal so far.

Here's some pictures of the prgress I made. I thought I had a picture of the completed trackwork, but I can't find it, so here's the mockup version which looks almost the same as the completed version. Sorry for the poor lighting and pictures, I need to work on my photography skills.

[Image: LAIL4.jpg]

[Image: LAIL3.jpg]

Here's what I have now that some of the track was removed (thankfully the white glue didn't do any damage to the track or foam like the caulking did on the old layout). I added a temporary shelf for the power pack. Once I decide whether I'll go with DC or DCC I'll make a permanent one. I have a Digitrax Zephyr, IR throttle, and decoder, but I may sell it as it will be overkill for my small layout (I originally bought it for my old 8x12) and I could use the money elsewhere.

[Image: LAIL5.jpg]

Here are the slightly damaged freightcars (The L&N boxcar doesn't fit my era and will be made into a shed)...

[Image: LAIL6.jpg]

and here's the slightly damaged Atlas GP38-2. Nothing that isn't repairable. I have a BLMA snowplow and cut levers, MT couplers, and a Gold Medal Models diesel detailing set that I want to add eventually, which will replace the damaged parts.

[Image: LAIL7.jpg]

That's all there really is to show for now.

Messages In This Thread