Scratched Fish Cannery
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:Nice.
But you didn't mention the scale. I was wondering about the "working wall clock".
Took some imagination to make an HO scale one...Or even O scale!

The Ramona Bay Fishermans Collective is HO Scale. I used a very small battery powered ladies watch which I mounted in a small box on the outside of the back wall of the office. I photocopied the dial in a reduced size & cut the three hands down . I made a clock housing on the inside that has only enough of a hole to make the cut down portion of the watch visible.

The name of the cannery came from the fact that The dock & wharf area of the layout was named Ramona Bay , after Frank Burkes wife. Frank was a bit right wing & his wife was very liberal , so the Collective part of the name was just a bit of a jab at Franks politics. He loved the cannery but could not say much about the name & Ramona loved it!! Icon_lol

The Office building that you can see a corner of next to it has couple of tiny operating window exhaust fans that each occupy only one window pane of a four pane window. There is also an operating ceiling fan in the lobby of it. I did quite a bit of animation on the layout.
Instant glue ? ---- SOLDER ---- NOW THATS INSTANT!

Messages In This Thread