The Hjemstad Line
Svein Wrote:My initial plan was to build the apron like the prototype, hinged in one end and movable in the other, but with the new and raised water level the structure should be partially submerged in water (like in the pics earlier in this thread), so I wonder if I should build only the visible parts of the structure and just place it on top of the water surface. Any comments or suggestions about this?

My only suggestion would be; any pilings, that continue below the water line.....build up on a jig, and use the jig as a drilling pattern for the water surface. Some left over plywood from the "water", could be used for the jig. The completed structure, on its pilings, can then be transferred to the scene, and the pilings set in the holes with some glue. They will not "break free" when the module is moved. I tried this on my new modules, with the bridgetender's walkway, and the boat docks, and I am pleased with the results.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread