Names in signatures
Puddlejumper Wrote:...I didn't realize you could disable the sigs. So that makes my suggestion pointless anyway, and I suppose I will start signing my posts. but it still doesn't solve the problem of others not signing their posts. I guess I figure, if you post something that suggests you are looking for a response, such a question, I would at least expect a person to sign the post.

I am surprised at how many different reactions I have gotten to the topic, especially in this forum. In a forum where people regularly argue, such as a political forum, I would have expected the needed anonymity, but not here.

Dave
Yeah, you can disable signatures such that you won't see anyones, it's hard to know how many people do that though. Sometimes, a forum will allow things like dancing chickens and other animated signatures, and that can get distracting if they're exceptionally large or really animated. No one does that here, so maybe no one needs to block signatures.

Equally important, you can enable or disable your own signature either on all posts you make, or each one individually. I do that sometimes, especially in a PM when I want it to be more personal. Sometimes I screw up and it goes out with both my personal signature and my "signature" signature, just like on your post Goldth . There's nothing wrong with doing that, but when you're composing a message, you can disable your signature on that post by unchecking the "attach a signature", box to the lower left of the screen and then add a different one as part of your post.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread