Rail Graphics decals
Good doctorwayne, you have brought up some very good points that, having been "out of the loop" for a "couple" years I am sure to have overlooked until they were needed. :oops:

I had either not thought of the lines for above and below the reporting marks or that piece of art is among the missing (I vaguely remember doing a piece of artwork that was lines and corners - the fancy corners that Reading Company had on tenders that were striped.)

Now dimensional data ... that's a different story altogether! I know I have a collection of decal sheets of dim.data in my "Decal Box" (a water-tight fishing tackle box Wink Thumbsup ) and I'm pretty sure the collection includes examples of each of the classes of freight car. I'll have to look to be sure. Otherwise, I suppose I'll either have to generate art based on the examples I have or find a substitute for Champ or Walthers (yep, there are some old Walthers sheets in there ... )

And to be totally honest, I don't think I ever gave car end markings any thought! There is, however, a piece of art for tender numbers, with coal and water capacities. I did think of that. Back then, I had lots of time to think about stuff ... time to work on developing the "Compleat Freelanced Prototype Railroad" and generate camera-ready art for every graphic need thinkable, including Forms and Rulebooks and VIP Passes, etc., (and access to the equipment to do it) but no money or room for much else - flat pieces of illustration board take up almost no room and LSW Artwork had its own envelope in with all my product design flatwork in the flat file drawer. (Drawing Boards and Flat Files and Supply Cabinets full of markers and colored pencils and drawing pads took up living space and cash expenditures that, had I been in another profession, probably would have been used for a small model railroad.)

Thanks, doctorwayne, for the important reminder! I would have had to beat myself sharply about the head and shoulders had I gotten a box car all painted up, decaled, weathered and dullcoted and then have someone mention numbers on the car's ends! 35 Wallbang

I'm quite interested to know, Dave and Galen, what kind of graphics and/or direction did you guys each give to Rail Graphics to have them generate decals for you?
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread