ezdays 2010 EOY challenge
Gus,

That would work if my lift-out was a simple set of tracks on a narrow board and everything else was secured. My "lift-out" is a 34" x 80" door with lots of scenery, structures and track on it. The problem is that the frame is not secured to anything and it's possible to get a slight misalignment simply by accidentally bumping into the other end. Woodone came over to the house a while back and suggested that I secure that end to the fixed section with a wood strap since that half of the layout is screwed to the wall. I would do that, but I'm afraid that it could be a tripping hazard if it were permanent. If the strap were removable, then I would still have the problem of bumping against the layout and moving it slightly. Securing it to the floor is not an option, so making one end of the track loose in case there is some movement on the other end of the layout frame (which usually happens when I open the swinging section), is the only way I can think of to deal with this. You are right though, I could have problems running trains if some part of the track is loose, but one step at a time. Icon_lol

It's a wonder that I'm dealing with this at all since I've been avoiding this for a very long time. I guess secretly in the back of my mind, that's the reason I started this challenge in the first place. I knew it would get me off my duff and I'd have to rise to the occasion. 790_smiley_picking_a_fight

Thanks for the advice, If I can think of a way to secure the other end of that section without going into the floor, then I could use the pins to keep the tracks aligned. Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread