Coming in from the cold
Hi Greg

I really enjoy modeling in NP. I would say that 98% of my rolling stock and engines are NP. The other 2% are SP&S and Milwaukee Road. I grew up in Eastern Washington, so that is what I am trying for. What's nice about that is I can make a desert and logging on the same layout. Mountains on one side, fruit/meat packing on the other.

Double track is on my druthers list, as I would like to have it, but it's not a requirement. Having fun is. And moving freight around the layout while doing a lap or two is fun for me. I have a Walthers 22 inch bridge from my last layout, and if I incorporate an Atlas steel bridge on either side, it gets me my length for the 4th side.

As for the length of my trains, I run early diesel and steam. Also I have a RDC that I like to run around too. I think the longest I have is my 2-6-6-2 and it comes in at almost 13 inches. It's just a bit too long for the 90' turn table my friend gave me. But I don't usually run that engine at my home layout. I save it for the club with out long drawn out curves.

I am running DCC. I generally like to have my base unit (Zephyr) in a corner and then use my hand held unit as I throw switches and what not. That little hand held unit fits nicely in a shirt pocket.

Thanks!

George
[Image: np_F-1ani.gif][Image: goog.gif]

Messages In This Thread