Coming in from the cold
Gary S Wrote:Oh... one thing I learned from Andrew (MasonJar) - an alternative to the dimensional lumber for benchwork is to get a sheet of 3/4" plywood and rip the planks with a table saw. Stable and less prone to future warping.

Thanks for the info on the joists. Unfortunately I don't know which way they run and its 11 degrees (F) outside and I dont feel like getting into my crawl space! Icon_lol
With my luck, I would poke holes along the wrong way... I was thinking of something along those lines but I have never been very good at Battleship.

However... the mollies might be a way to go. Those lights don't weigh much.

As far as the table saw is concerned... I had, in one of my clubs copious amounts of books, read about making those planks but the CFO of my railroad won't allow major power tools. It took an act of congress just to allow the chainsaw. She works in the health field and sees lots of appendages gone missing.

I dont know how much more I can get done in the next two days, but I am going to try to sneak down sometime tomorrow while the turkey is cooking.

George
[Image: np_F-1ani.gif][Image: goog.gif]

Messages In This Thread