HO Scale, #6 Double Slipover Assembly Fixture
It's big. But its not really that complicated. At least on the surface. It's four # 6 double slips tacked on to each other with a 19 degree crossing in the middle. Build up the five individual pieces and then overlap the joints at "critical" locations using PCB ties to strengthen the build. Its a monster that would definitely gobble up several feet of rail and would take a few dedicated days if not at minimum a couple weeks to complete it depending on the skill of the builder. Not a task for beginners that for sure. I'm fairly confident I could build it. (Yeah I said it!) In fact I'd be willing to try it without the jig on a paper template if I seriously had use for one. But I don't...

Maybe, one day, when I win the lottery or a long lost Uncle leave me his Estate giving me the funds required to model a modern era Toronto Union Station.

Unfortunately, I'm not rich and already have too much to finish up on my own layout to even think about something as ridiculous as this just for kicks. Icon_lol

I really have to stop looking at it..... Confusedhock:

Messages In This Thread