Rail Graphics decals
BR60103 Wrote:Dave:
I like the way the B&P numbers go both above and below the lines. I wonder if any railroad actually did that?

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I just saw this post. I got the fancy number idea from the PRR, which used this style of numbers for less than a year during 1954. In late 1954 the number style was switched to a basic roman font in which the numbers look similar but are all lined up. I like the way the numbers looked "fancy" and went above and below the line, this particular font is "Georgia", but I believe there are a few other fonts that do this as well.

Mileswestern Wrote:Dave, I like the Addition of the Scotchlite to my paint job. Also, my choice for faded green looks great in contrast to your fresh reading green, doesn't it?

Thanks Miles. After I took delivery of the remaining units you did I decided to add the stripe, I think it looks good, brand new on a weathered loco. The green you used looks fantastic up against the units I have painted, quite a contrast. Now that I have practiced my skills, I want to start learning how to weather the units. So far I have used the same green for all of my repaints, but plan on using more faded colors for future repaints.
-Dave

Messages In This Thread