Coming in from the cold
Back in 1989, I used a cookie sheet with low sides that I filled with beer and left out by the garden overnight. I was so proud of my inventiveness when, in the morning, I had nearly a dozen dead slugs which would never again terrorize my garden to show for my efforts.

Bad Idea!

The wife was very upset ... she could never use that cookie sheet to bake cookies again! I told her I would wipe it down with alcohol and then wash it in scalding hot water and soap. No dice! That sheet was now mine to do with what I wished and the money for a new sheet came from the gardening part of the budget.

It's now twenty-one years later ... we've been divorced for thirteen years ... but I was reminded of my "ruining" that favorite cookie sheet at the Thanksgiving Dinner table at my daughter's place (she roasted her very first Thanksgiving turkey, for her mom and dad) when her fresh baked cookies arrived on the table as part of the dessert fare! (BTW, the turkey was one of the most moist, tasty turkeys ever! My "little" girl hit a home run, first time! And I got to bring left-overs home!)

Be careful what you get caught doing! Some things are never forgotten!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread